To raise funds to help Faith Communities and Faith-based Private Schools (and Montessori schools) become part owners of, and benefit from, a 55 acre organic farm in central Jersey.
Target Amount: a minimum of $5,636 per community or school
Start: Thursday March 1st, 2018
Finish: Tuesday January 30, 2019
For tax-deductible donation receipt letter for 2018 tax return, donate before December 31,2018.
What is The Good Tree Farm Project, and who am I?
1) The Good Tree Farm Project is an empowerment and engagement project comprised of three legally distinct entities
a. The Good Tree Inc (GTI) is a tax-exempt 501c3 charitable non-profit [www.thegoodtreeinc.org] See relevant documents here.
b. Crescent Farmland of New Egypt (CF) is an LLC that owns 55 acres of organic farmland. See relevant documents here.
c. Good Tree Farm of New Egypt (GTF)is an LLC leasing 55 acres from CF and operating as a profit/loss agribusiness: [wwwgoodtreefarm.com] See relevant documents here.
The three entities are working together to empower people of faith and increase their engagement and activism in:
· Sustainable, organic food production
· Environmental stewardship
· Food justice and healthy food access
2) Hisham Moharram; the founder. See resume here.
What are we doing?
Empowering Faith Communities and Faith-based Private Schools by giving them:
- ownership in a business that can generate profit annually www.goodtreefarm.com
- ownership in 55 acres farm - the value of which is appreciating every ear
- educational use and recreational access benefits at the farm
- affordable access to organic, food that is verifiable halal & tayyeb
- entrepreneurial mentorship & agribusiness apprenticeships/internships